Travel - Up to 50%
Experience - None
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Environmental, Manufacturing, Transportation
Area of Accountability:
Responsible for the development and implementation of proactive EHS policies and programs that support business practices and drive the desired safety
culture within Hendrickson Trailer Commercial Vehicle Systems. Oversees multiple sites within the division, ensuring EHS practices and training are
consistently and properly practiced by associates. Completes all necessary monthly and annual EHS reporting. Champions the administrative and
resolution of worker's compensation claims. Develops and implements EHS management systems including OSHA's Voluntary Protection Program
Health and Safety:
* Provide safety leadership for the division to assure the safety and health of Hendrickson associates through Vision Zero.
* Responsible for leading the effort to purse/maintain partnership with OSHA's Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) or Hendrickson's Global Safety
Excellence Certification (GSX) Program.
* Ensure compliance with federal, state and local safety and health regulations.
* Maintain monthly/annual reports including the monthly EHS Scorecard, OSHA records (OSHA 300, 300a, etc.) and other Key Performance Indicators
* Lead the development and implementation of global EHS standards for division locations. Coordinate division/site annual operating plans for safety
* Coordinate division/site safety program development and implementation including the but not limited to the following: Behavior-Based Safety;
Incident Investigation; Emergency Response; Contractor Safety; Lock-Out/Tag-Out; Confined Space; Electrical Safety; Ergonomics; Industrial Hygiene.
* Oversee division safety and health training and conduct site specific safety and health training as needed.
* Assess the safety and health design/impact of current and new operations.
* Assist safety teams in their routine safety and health efforts including safety committee meetings, workplace inspections and corrective actions.
* Prepare monthly reports for divisional leaders - identify trends requiring attention.
* Serve as an EHSS resource to all divisional locations, including safety committee teams, Human Resources, and members of management.
* Serve as an active member of Hendrickson's Safety Excellence Team.
Environmental Management System:
* Provide overall environmental leadership for the division.
* Coordinate division and site environmental management system development and implementation.
* Ensure compliance with federal, state and local environmental regulations.
* Ensure compliance with Hendrickson standards, objectives and best practices.
* Interface with division/site personnel regarding environmental matters.
• Bachelor's Degree required in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Industrial Engineering.
• 7+ years' experience with an emphasis on health and safety implementation in a manufacturing environment. Some environmental compliance
experience is desired.
• Master's degree and/or CSP/CIH certification preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in upgrading health and safety programs and process improvement.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work in team environment.
• Ability to travel extensively (up to 75% of the time) to company locations on an as-needed and/or as-required basis.
• Strong computer skills, Windows, Word, Excel.
Bachelor's Degree required in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Industrial Engineering.
7+ years' experience with an emphasis on health and safety implementation in a manufacturing environment. Some environmental compliance experience
Master's degree and/or CSP/CIH certification preferred.
Demonstrated experience in upgrading health and safety programs and process improvement.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Strong presentation skills.
Strong organizational skills.
Ability to work in team environment.
Ability to travel extensively (up to 75% of the time) to company locations on an as-needed and/or as-required basis.
Strong computer skills, Windows, Word, Excel.
Job ID: 170000HZ