Under the moderate supervision of the Human Resources Manager, responsible for safety compliance training and policy requirements in addition to maintaining safety related policy, procedures, and programs across OMU facilities.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university with an emphasis in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Health and Safety, Human Resources, Business or Industrial Safety or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of federal and state legislations related to occupational safety preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of occupational hazards, safety methods, programs, policies and procedures preferred.
- Ability to work with personal computer, websites, and a variety of software programs. Skill in developing and promoting safety awareness.
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver training presentations.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize requirements, and be detailed-oriented.
- Ability to show initiative and use sound judgment.
- Must be able to independently schedule the workday and work alone.
- Must exercise a high degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- Three to Five years of direct safety experience considered.
- Five plus years of direct safety experience preferred.
Applications must be completed online at https://omu.applicantpro.com/internaljobs/544023-83025.html . Click on “Apply for this position” and follow the directions. You should receive an email when your application is received.
Owensboro Municipal Utilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/M/F/V/D