POSITION: Safety | HR Generalist
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
LOCATION: Plant Location, Prescott Valley, AZ
REPORTS TO: HR | Safety Manager
STATUS: Full-Time/ Exempt
This position is responsible for the day-to-day interface with site leadership and team members on team member related issues, implement and monitor policies, procedures and communications including identifying best practices. It will also establish and enforce company requirements designed to provide appropriate guidelines and policy for all team members within our organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as an active member of the facility leadership team in the areas of safety and human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations, providing coaching as needed.
- Continually improve the effectiveness of Safety | HR programs by developing strategies to improve team member satisfaction, leadership - team member relations and current processes and procedures.
- Assist leadership with the performance review process: including administration of the review, to the development of goals and objectives.
- Responsible to thoroughly investigate and assist in enforcing disciplinary action for any work- related, safety, or company violation.
- Analyze workforce trends, data, and statistics and provide professional guidance to facility leadership based on this information.
- Investigate team member concerns in an objective manner and provide recommendations for resolution.
- Responsible for managing worker’s compensation, claims, and team member timely follow-up.
- Collaborate with other HR | Safety team member’s across MI to identify and implement best practices.
- Clearly define the expectations, implementation and compliance of the safety process as well as the desired safety and health results for the location.
- Oversee worker’s compensation claims, and provide timely follow up.
- Assist facility leadership to understand how the responsibilities of various levels of management interrelate to the safety effort.
- Plans, prepares, and leads new hire orientation to foster positive and safe attitude toward company goals, vision, and common purpose.
- To initiate and coordinate all safety related tasks at the location working with all departments and shifts.
- Coordinate with the HR | Safety Manager to ensure that all the documentation concerning the safety department is up-to-date.
- Evaluates site processes and equipment to determine controls needed to keep team members safe.
- Ensures that team members understand safe work procedures and are competent to safely carry out their assigned duties.
- Oversees the accident investigation process to determine the root cause. Works with the facility team to implement corrective actions to ensure a similar incident does not occur again.
- Keeps injury trends and 300 log up to date to identify opportunities and to implement programs to improve accident statistics.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- BS/BA in Business with a Human Resources or Safety concentration and 3-5 years of HR or Safety Generalist experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations regarding safety and employment practices
- Ability to multi-task, deal with team members with diverse backgrounds at varying levels of the organization and good problem solving skills
- Superior presentations and analytical skills, plus demonstrated skills to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to manage and set priorities for multiple tasks.
- High level of customer focus, both internal and external.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the position and may not include all of the duties required of the position. MI Windows and Doors, LLC is an EEO employer and values diversity.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.