llS is currently seeking an environmental, health and s afety (EHS) professional to support the MSM
business in the Chesapeake / Norfolk VA area (to include IIS employees assigned to the Yorktown Naval Base).
As the assigned EHS Engineer, you will be responsible for initiating and maintaining EHS training and
injury prevention strategies, along with supporting other program, facility and operations efforts, as
required. You will take direction from the llS EHS Mission Area Manager and work collaboratively with the
site leads at each site. The position will require travel to the two locations on a routine frequency.
- Interpret, recommend,andcomplywithEHSregulationsandCompany
- Ensure the sites are prepared for corporate and OSHA VPP audits.
- Removehazardsand/orprotectemployeesbymethodsincluding proper engineering controls, guarding,revisingworkproceduresandtraining,andrequiringuseprotectiveclothingandpersonalprotective
- Ensure all environmental programs are in place and all required environmental reporting is completed on time to local, state and federal governments.
Security Clearance Requirement: Secret
This position requires that a candidate have, or acquire, a Secret clearance. While a clearance is
not required to start work, a candidate must be clearable. US citizenship is a clearance
prerequisite. Raytheon will apply for a clearance on behalf of an individual selected who does not
have a clearance. A clearance that is existing and active (or inactive less than two years) is
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Desired Experience and Capabilities:
- Knowledge Mil Specs and standards.
- Experience in environmental management and reporting.
- Chesapeake, VA
- Yorktown VA
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor’s degree, Safety and Environmental
Management, Engineering, Science, Math, or related field