ON-THE-JOB: 2,000 EYE INJURIES PER DAY
The number of job-related eye injuries that require medical attention in the U.S. each day.
- Eye injuries make up nearly 45% of all head injuries that lead to missed workdays.
- 40% of on-the-job eye injuries happen in the manufacturing, construction and mining industries.
- Men ages 25-44 comprise 80% of all workplace eye injury victims.
EYE INJURIES: SUPERFICIAL TO SEVERE TRAUMA
Workplace eye injuries can cause permanent damage, vision loss or blindness and can be costly to the employer.
- 70% of workplace eye injuries are caused by contact with an object or equipment.
- 26% of workplace eye injuries are caused by exposure to harmful substances or environments.
- 300 Million is the annual cost of eye injuries to U.S. employers due to lost productivity, medical treatment and workers’ compensation.
SAFETY EYEWEAR: PREVENTS 90% OF EYE INJURIES
Safety eyewear is a required, medical device, that must be precisely fit and measured to each employee in order to avoid recordable injuries.
- WRAP FRAMES fit snug to the face and provide the ultimate protection by blocking out dust, debris, droplets and other harmful elements.
- LENS COATING such as anti-fog and non-glare prevents visual obstructions caused by lenses fogging up or hazardous glare/reflections.
- TRIVEX LENS MATERIAL is superior to polycarbonate and provides the best in visual clarity, scratch resistance and durability.
. . .
SCAN HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT SAFETY EYEWEAR!
844.401.7702 | MplsSafety@walmanoptical.com
Attending VPPPA’s 2022 Safety+ Symposium? Stop by booth #607 to connect with the Walman Optical Safety Eyewear team!