To apply, please go to: Eulen.com or Indeed.com
Safety Manager Aviation Ground Service Provider
Located at Miami International Airport
We have a great opportunity for the right candidate!
Eulen America is a leading provider of business outsourcing services and is rapidly growing in the aviation and janitorial sectors.
You will be responsible for the safety of employees at the MIA Airport. This role requires working with management to ensure safety requirements, policies procedures are followed and employees are working in a safe safety culture. You must be able to identify safety hazards and discrepancies; discover opportunities for improving those conditions. The ability to communicate safety guidelines, recommend corrective actions and disciplinary actions to management.
- Prepare and maintain records, reports; formulate correspondence relative to job
- Coordinate/administer Safety meetings
- Assess contract requirements regarding safety and quality, develop procedures for program implementation
- Monitor safety programs and policies, conduct reviews and audits of safety programs and policies, provide analysis and written assessment
- Inspect all work areas, facilities, equipment, records used in the workplace; conduct safety audits of same.
- Develop Risk Management Program in accordance with program safety requirements
- Track and address safety mishaps for trend analysis and provide recommendations
- Investigate accident/injury reports to track accident/injury-related statistics
- Establish safety and quality related policies and procedures and recommend changes as needed
- Recommend solutions to safety and quality issues, prevention measures, and other avenues for safety and quality improvement
- Identify training and development needs of staff as related to safety and quality, ensure needs are managed
- Establish target areas and long-term accident prevention and cost-control goals
- Maintain awareness of safety laws and regulations that effect our organization
- Provide training/coaching across all staff levels as required by program and airport safety rules and regulations
- Provide leadership and guidance during situations threating staff safety in the workplace
- Ensure the message of safety and quality are effectively communicated
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Aviation industry
- Experience working above and below the wing with an airline or ground service provider
- Extensive experience in Ramp Safety operations a must
- Knowledge in safety and policy writing, IATA, and ISAGO process
- Visible throughout the day in different departments
- Knowledge in safety recognition programs and awards
- Understanding and applicability of governmental regulations such as OSHA, FAA, FDA, EPA regulations, as well as applicable state agencies.
Applicant should demonstrate the following qualities:
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Be proactive willing and able to tackle issues head-on
- Proficiency in the use of email, including Google, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Competitive salary, bonus, robust medical plan, PTO and holidays
Job Type: Full-time