November Member of the Month: Steve Noël René
- Do you take safety home with you? If so, how?
Of course I do. I always try to keep people around me safe event at a friends houses, the grocery store, the pool, the park,etc. Safety is always a priority for me no matter when where or who. I alway keep an eye out for dangerous behaviors or situation that could be avoided
- What is/was your position and how long have you been in the position?
HSEQ Team Leader but I also do IH sampling For MortonSalt And Windsor Salt. I've been in this position for a year.
- What has been the greatest challenge in your career?
Being taken seriously, when you're younger than most of the people you challenge Or Challenging higher management on a Point whenyou dont have as much experience can be intimidating but it is something you have to overcome to be successful in Health and Safety You always have to make safety your top priority.
- What is your most recent accomplishment?
Winning the VPP person of the year award from Morton Salt.
- What advice would you give to "Past You"?
Do not be afraid to take opportunity they might never come again even in failure you can learn valuable lesson.
- What makes you passionate about the VPPPA?
The Safety culture that every member share together is real and make me want to come to the symposium every year knowing that all this process is voluntary make it event better because you know all those people really care about safety and are willing to invest in it and do their best to improve workplaces safety.
- What has been your favorite aspect of the Association?
Making new contact learning valuable lesson taking that priceless information and give it back to the people on the floor.
- What advice would you give to someone interested in the VPP or the VPPPA?
DO IT. Even if you do not get the VPP certification, every improvement will help your workers be safe in their workplace environment and in the end thats what matter the most People getting back home to their family safe. You can ALWAYS do better and get it the next time!