Southwest Generation Job Opening - Denver, CO
Southwest Generation has an opening for a Financial Analyst located in Denver, CO. To apply, please visit: www.southwestgen.com/careers/#openings-section
SWG is looking for a Financial Analyst that has a strong desire to learn and grow within her/his career. The Financial Analyst will be accountable for building and maintaining complex models and preparing deliverables for senior management. To ensure her/his success, the person in this position will naturally engage in understanding how the corporate model works so we can analyze the long term impact of an acquisition, divesture, business development, investment and finance. This position reports to the Finance Manager and will work in our Denver corporate office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare analysis and maintain the company’s long-term business model.
- Analyze different investment cases.
- Help design and produce reports, models and key financial performance indicators to support the business.
- Support debt compliance for company’s financings.
- Prepare presentations for the Board of Directors.
- Provide information and analysis to the business to support and drive strategic decisions.
- Be accountable for accurate and timely operational reporting to ensure that real-time business decisions can be made.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand financing concepts, GAAP and corporate accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability to build and update complex Excel models.
- Ability to professionally handle highly confidential information and sensitive information.
- Highly motivated, independent learner with the desire to add value.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under strict deadlinesand on on multiple projects concurrently.
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity in all dealings with or on behalf of SWG at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as ability to work cross functionally and with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make sound decisions.
- Ability to demonstrate advanced computer knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Excel, Power Point, Word, and various other programs.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in accounting, finance, economics, engineering, or business administration
- 2-5 years of experience working in finance, consulting, accounting and/or tax
- Experience in creation and modification of sophisticated Excel spreadsheets
- Relevant experience in the power industry, banking and/or consulting a plus
- The job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and filing cabinets.
- 5% (or less) travel is expected for this position.
Must be able to accomplish physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. Vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision.
Southwest Generation is an Affirmative Action Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please visit: www.southwestgen.com/careers/#openings-section